We Buy Houses Reviews – Making the best decision when choosing a cash home buyer in Connecticut
The internet of things is running 24 hours a day. You may have seen the “We Buy Houses!” or “Cash For Your House” advertising on the internet. Even the yellow signs posted on telephone poles. How do they get them so high on the poles!! These signs do work and attract buyers looking for a quick sale, we find them tacky and annoying.
At sellyourcthousenow.com We rely on word of mouth advertising and the internet to help sellers in Connecticut looking to sell there house fast. We have found that simply telling our story and providing honest and fair treatment to our customers has been the best form of advertising.
Not all cash home buyers are the same. But there are some good honest professionals that have there customers best interests in mind. We believe in providing the best customer service and giving our clients the best solution for there situation even if it means we don’t buy there house. Below I have put together some great resources to help you make the best decision when your considering selling your house to a cash home buyer like us.
Lets Dive In And See If A We Buy Houses Company Is For You
A majority of we buy houses companies will not have any online reviews, resources or even videos to help you sell your house fast in Connecticut. Here is a and some resources to better help you understand how to sell your house fast in CT. The more information you have the better you will feel about the decision you make.
Be sure to check out reviews and research local we buy houses companies in the area. Real estate agents will frequently go to real estate investors websites and write reviews that say these companies only low ball and are unprofessional just to try and get the listing. These realtors do not have the sellers best interest in mind and most of those bad reviews simply are not accurate.
Search “we buy houses companies + your city” in google, you can find all your local cash home buying companies
Pros And Cons Of Selling To A We Buy Houses Company
Local Cash Home Buyer – Pros
- Multiple Buying Options – Investors offer numerous payment methods such as certified funds, cash, even taking over the existing mortgage completely. With multiple options available, sellers can find a quick solution to selling there house fast.
- Quick Close – Quite often investors are willing to pay cash for a home and with the recent tightening of financial restrictions, coupled with the growing number of complaints about low appraisals, having a cash buyer has become even more appealing and offers an alternative to listing your house with a realtor and waiting for your house to sell.
- Sell in As-Is Condition – Typically, investors offer to purchase a property “as is,” many times sight unseen. As a seller, that allows you to avoid any costly repairs that would normally be considered your financial responsibility. This is also great if you Inherited A House and live out of state. We buy inherited houses in Connecticut by providing simple solutions to sometimes difficult situations.
- No Fees or commissions – There are investors who can close within 7 days. Those that have there own cash funding. How is that possible? A cash buyer does not need to wait for bank financing or any approvals. No need to get a home appraisal, home inspection which can slow done the process of buying a house.
Local Cash House Buyer – Cons
- Investors Do Not Need a License – This means as the seller, you know nothing about the person/entity offering to buy your home. Some investors are corporations, but some are individuals who just happen to also be real estate agents. This is cause for concern for many sellers because they question the motive behind the purchase; do they want to buy my home to resell it for more? In our business the intent is to buy houses that are in need of repairs. We then resell those houses hopefully to make a profit and revitalize the neighborhood.
- There are Plenty of Scam Artists Posing as Investors – There’s a risk of fraud in any financial transaction, but it’s especially critical to avoid scams when dealing with your largest asset. To avoid any issues, get the name of the investor and do research online to see who they are, ask for references, look them up with the Better Business Bureau.
- Homeowners Will Likely Sell Below Market Value – Investors have their own costs to contend with and you can be assured that those costs will be factored into their offered price. Investors using cash are taking a risk by purchasing “as is.” They may be relying on your motivation to get out quickly. Whatever the reason, it is unlikely that an investor will pay market value for a home. In some cases this may not be the best option for a seller. To get a fair no obligation offer and see if selling your house fast in Connecticut to a we buy houses company is right for you. Send Us Some Basic Details ⇒
So how do you determine if one of the “We Buy Houses Companies” is reputable?
How do I know if the local We Buy houses companies out there are honest and credible?
Well… sometimes they all look the same at the start… but below we’ll walk you through some things to look for in a local house buying company before you should work with them.
Buying and selling houses is a valid and respectable profession that can help communities and house sellers in many ways. But just like any other line of work – a minority of house buyers in any market are the ones who make the rest of us look bad. Check out the process we use in our business to help home owners sell there house fast.
There are people who are really great, ethical folks who improve their neighborhoods one property at a time.
And then there’s shady, dishonest people who put money ahead of the well being of their clients and who would sign the contract to sell their own grandmother with one hand while stabbing you in the back with the other – as long as they were making enough money.
House Buying Companies
But let’s not focus on the negative – at least not yet.
First, let’s cover exactly what the best house-flippers are doing.
What Reputable “We Buy Houses” Buyers Are Doing
- Helping folks improve their lives by accessing the money they need right away.People often need the cash in their house to cover unexpected medical expenses, or to relocate to be close to a relative. We can make that happen in just a few days, and we deliver peace of mind.
- Helping sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of having to list it with a broker and wait months and month for a sale.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators and many other folks along the way. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people.
- Buying US products. We spend tons of money on materials that are made right here in the USA – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The US economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from folks like us.
- Increasing the value of neighborhoods. When we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the entire community. We often repair abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens Knoxville.
- Increasing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Pretty cool stuff, right?
Lots of people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. That’s fueled by silly “reality” shows that amp up the drama because the reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring.
Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time. We have to keep track of lots of moving parts.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a We Buy Houses scam.
How To Find A Reputable Local Cash House Buyer In CT?
Do your research when beginning to research a potential cash home buyer. Check there website and see if there are any pictures of the owner, to see if they are a local cash home buyer or some large out of state corporation. You want to make sure you find someone you trust to purchase your home. Also check the company’s social media pages. Are they posting about housing they’re buying? Are there photos of happy clients or testimonials? These should be some questions you ask yourself. We have also found some great open-ended questions to ask each company:
See What Julio Had To Say About Clifford Group
– Julio S. West Haven
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the most proud?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company… be leery. Most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place… like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up.
- Fast closing pressure tactics – If a we buy houses buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most reputable house buying services will make you and offer and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason reputable house buying services do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area, also… we buy multiple houses a month and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready and we’ll reserve that cash for several days so if you do want to sell your house, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.
Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
True investors who run honest and ethical house buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking for “companies that buy houses near me“… never be afraid to ask questions! If you are considering
selling my house myself in CT, we have a great resource if that’s the route you’d prefer. You can learn more about how we buy houses for cash in CT by visiting our page that explains our process – (video)